Last Month we had the opportunity to attend one of the largest Business conferences in the world. The 10X Growth Conference in Miami with Grant Cardone, was an experience to remember, and one that allowed us to focus on our own business and growth when we returned. If you haven’t heard of Grant Cardone, He could be abrasive, cocky, arrogant, just to name a few, and very unCanadian-like. If you can get past that and what he speaks about, then there is a world of knowledge and insight into people, our behaviours, and more importantly, what holds us back.
Grant’s book “The 10X Rule” is a read we would highly recommend (or better yet, listen to it on Audible). Grant calls it a movement, and if you see the following worldwide, there is some great things to take back into not only our business lives, but also our personal lives. Below are some of the highlights we thought we would share that resonated with us.
- 10X your Goals: One of the largest mistakes we can make is to set goals that are not large enough. Then, when we are not meeting our smaller goals, we readjust to set even lower expectations. Any Goal you set is going to be difficult, so why not make it higher
- 10X your Effort: In the same token, one of our favourite quotes is “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results”. Most of us unfortunately have high expectations but want to do minimal effort. We are creatures of habit, but you need to break your habit and be uncomfortable to move ahead.
- Your Work: You will either work to accomplish your goals and dreams, or be used to accomplish someone else’s goals and dreams. When we work for someone else, we are trading time/skill for money. If there is only one of us, it is difficult to scale. Look for multiple sources of income, and always having your money work for you (even while you sleep).
- Don’t be a victim! Many times we use blame for not being successful, and take someone else’s success as luck or accidental. We are successful for the grit and determination we put forth, which gives is many more chances at being successful. Even when bad luck happens, there is always something you can do to be better prepared next time. Weak and overwhelmed people typically resort to criticism. Grant publicly wanted to call this chapter in his book “Don’t be a little Bitch”.
- Cutting costs: When a person or business cuts spending to save, they typically cut their energy, creativity and effort as well. The mind comes down with the spending. Don’t be afraid to spend to get 10X results. We unfortunately try to save to preserve rather than push forward to WIN.
- Perfection: Don’t be perfect, Perfection is a killer of time and action. Focus on abundance and being bigger. One of our favourite quote from the conference: “I’m a Bestseller, NOT a Best speller)
- Take Action: stop overthinking and Take massive Action
It is so easy for all of us to fall into routine and do things the same way we’ve been doing for years. Unlocking what we have within is HARD. First we have to WANT to change, or do something different, then we need to educate ourselves… and most importantly, we need to TAKE ACTION.
Visit us at www.VenturePropertyInvestments.com and our pages on facebook or LinkedIn to learn more about how we invest in real estate to profit in both an increasing or decreasing housing market. Or contact us if you would like to learn how we are providing double digit returns for our partner’s and clients year over year.
Until Next Time,
Build Wealth. Live Life
If you haven’t come out to one of our events, feel free to visit our events page on our site at https://venturepropertyinvestments.com/events/. If you are just starting out, or a seasoned pro, come out to Learn and Network with others like you.
Martin Kuev & Chris Shebib are full time Real Estate Investors, Realtors and Wealth Coaches who have over 20 years experience in Real Estate. With multi-million-dollar real estate portfolios and a team built over the past decade, they left the corporate world to have the flexibility to spend time with family, continue their own real estate investments and help others build long-term wealth.
Both Chris & Martin are first and foremost Husbands, and Fathers. Both are actively involved with their families and each have 3 daughters keeping home life full of surprises.